Friday, December 12, 2008

Something God showed me today...

So I am home for Christmas break right? Well, this morning I was at my mom's bible study and we were studying James 3:14-17 and God gave me a light bulb moment. I dont even remember what we were reading at the moment it happened, but I remember someone was talking about the spiritual war that goes on between us and Satan and how we are waging war for our spiritual health..."wow" I said to myself. I know this war...I have talked about this war, and I am quite famliar. But I realized something really unfortunate about my current state. I have stopped fighting. In a sense, I have put down my spiritual sword, and started to walk away. But what really hit me was that THE WAR IS STILL GOING ON! And worst yet! I AM LOSING! I have stopped feeling convicted about things that should hit my heart hard core. I am in a time in my life when the Lord has so much to teach me...and He is...and I am learning...but he just wants to show me soooo much more. He wants to fill me with His Word and His love, and His goodness....but I am ignoring it. I stopped fighting and I am losing! What a revelation. I hear a voice yelling at me now "PICK UP YOUR SWORD, ASHTON AND FIGHT!" I want the Lord to be there for me...to fight for me when I am in trouble...but how can He fight for me, if I am not fighting for Him?! He wants so much more from me. How can I complain about what I dont have in my life when I am not seeking Him with all my heart. The Lord will give you the desires of your heart, IF you are obedient.

James 4:2-3 "You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure."

HOW TRUE OF MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont need what I think I want. And the Lord knows this....he will bless me with what he wills. The more obedient I am the more his blessings flow.

Praise the Lord for revelations. God, please let it stick...let it change me.

No comments:

Post a Comment