Monday, March 9, 2009

The Maker and Berry

Tonight I had a late sorority meeting and by the time I got back there were NO parking spaces anywhere close to Thomas Berry. I was pretty bummed about this fact. So, I had to drive almost all the way to the chapel before I found an empty space. Normally I pout all the way back to the dorm just waiting for the people who are parked right next to the building to conveniently pull out and leave me the empty spot I had wanted two minutes earlier. But tonight as I stepped out of my car, I was suddenly struck with how beautiful the night was. The weather was fantastic, and the school just seemed so peaceful. So, I decided to go for a walk...what a wonderful choice that was. I didnt really walk that far, but really just meandered around in front of the chapel. I found myself walking and singing to the Lord about his greatness, struggling to find the perfect song to sing to an amazing Creator. I stopped and sat on a couple of benches along my way, still just a looking around and singing. I realized for one, how beautiful the campus is at night, and more importantly what a wonderful Savior I have. There is nothing more enjoyable to me than sitting in the midst of the Father's creation singing of my love and devotion to him. I find myself so grateful for Berry college because it so often offers me the opportunity to see God's greatness and glory. What a wonderful night alone with my God and his works.

No comments:

Post a Comment