Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hope

"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will not fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand".
~Psalms 37:23-24


I found this verse today in Psalms and it gave me hope. I have been in such a low lately, and I find that when you are down, you become so much more susceptible to Satan's lies. Unknowingly, I have believed in some of the things he has been telling me. Mostly that I am a disappointment to God, because I haven't been on top of my spiritual game. Though I know it does sadden the Lord to see me further from Him than He would like, I know in my heart that He DELIGHTS in me. And better yet, that He holds my hand when I inevitably stumble and fall. I cant walk alone. Though sometimes I feel like I am, by my own design, I know that the Father is still there. He directs my steps, and holds my hand. I needed to be reminded of that. I am gonna mess things up in this life. I am. It will happen. But, there is nothing I can do to escape the Father's delight for me and my life. Praise the Lord of the creatures whom deserve His mercy not at all, but daily receive it and it's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment