Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winterguard is back




So this weekend was our first show weekend, and I would say it went pretty well. We are the only ones in our class in SAPA this year because we are Independent Open, so its pretty much a competition with ourselves until we get to WGI contests. Sadly, though, on Saturday night I dropped... :-( What makes me most upset about it is the fact that it was on a part that I dont usually drop...of course I nailed my solo crazy leg in the air toss, but I dropped the blade quad...figures. Oh well....luckily I have gotten mature enough in colorguard that drops dont ruin shows for me, or heaven forbid make me cry, and I know how to take care of it and make sure it doesnt happen again. Sunday's show was MUCH better for me personally....I caught everything and just generally felt more comfortable. Though there was a musical glitch before the performance started and we had to lay in our opening position for a couple minutes and wait for things to get fixed....eh, whatever, didnt really phase me. I suppose another benefit of marching for so long...those kinds of things dont freak me out. All in all I had a great weekend, but I am just left feeling extremely exhausted....so I think I am going to go to sleep now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment