Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby is a comin'

So my sister is only about 4 1/2 weeks away from having her first baby. Its actually our family's first baby, which is super exciting. But much less exciting is the fact that I had to miss my sister's baby shower. I do winterguard, which is a choice I have made because it is something I love...but man sometimes...practice reeeaaalllly gets in the way. And lately it has made me wonder whats truly important in life. I hate having to miss so many family events for guard: Thanksgiving, baby showers, birthdays, etc. Its just really hard. And I find it being much more of an issue this year than ever. I hate that it makes me question whether I should still be doing this, because I really do love it so much. The thing that made my absence at the shower today even harder was that my other sister is in Korea. So my 8 months pregnant sweet sister, had none of her sisters at her first baby shower. Thats so hard to deal with. And she is kind and gentle, so she wouldnt ever make me feel awful about it, but she doesnt have to. I already do. I just love my family so much, I hate missing out on their lives.


God grant me peace. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment