Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Costa rica

I am sitting in the computer lab in the university´s music dept. I go to rehearse with my accompanist in a few minutes because we have to perform in a recital on Friday afternoon. I mean...I would prefer not to...but I guess its part of coming down here. We are going to sightsee later this afternoon, which should be fun. Yesterday was exhausting. We got here at noon local time and went to the hotel, which was about 45 minutes from the airport. Then we walked through the university, which is literally RIGHT ACROSS THE CALLE from our hotel, to get to some food. We ate a late lunch at a little costa rican cafe. It was alright. I am all about trying new things, and I am really trying to use my spanish. So, I ordered a cheese quesadilla, which would have been great, if it didnt come with mayonaisse all over it. Haha...I hate that crap, btw. So I had to make do. The hotel is beautiful. There will be pictures later. Umm...all in all its been great so far. We went to a concert last night at the university of Latin Jazz...it was really impressive...but by 7pm when it started we had been going nonstop so we were all so tired. I went to bed at 9:30 local time...which means I had been up for about 19 hours. yikes. But it was good cause then I got up at 8am today...so yay for getting up early and not wanting to kill myself. Okay...thats all I got. More to come later

1 comment:

  1. I didnt know you were going to have internet down there! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete